Parada 25 - Calle San Jorge to Calle Mayol
This stop covers an area that was undeveloped during the early years of the trolley, so it extends quite a way down Ponce de Leon from Calle San Jorge to Calle Jordan just before Sagrado Corazon University.
Although is has several very grand buildings along Ponce de Leon, it also features a large stretch of Ave Fernandez Juncos with abandoned buildings which had been set aside for for luxury condo developments that never got past the planning process. While this leaves a very mixed landscape - it has become the best hunting ground for street art and graffiti in Santurce.
Look past the elegant condos, mansions, churches and masonic temple on Ponce de Leon and explore the side streets that lead to Fernandez Juncos for a sometimes annoying and often fabulous array of street art.
- Hotel San Jorge
- Asia de Lima Restaurant/Pizza
- Zal Si Puedas Bar
- Ofi-Art - Artists' Supplies/Canvas/Paints
How to get to Stop 25:
- Condado – Get to stop 22 and change to the M3 Metrobus. Get off the bus opposite Leonardo's Men's Shop and walk toward the Hotel San Jorge.
- Isla Verde – Get to stop 22 and change to the M3 Metrobus. Get off the bus opposite Leonardo's Men's Shop and walk toward the Hotel San Jorge.
- Old San Juan – Take the M3 Metrobus and get off the bus opposite Leonardo's Men's Shop and walk toward the Hotel San Jorge. 15 minutes.
Arts & Culture near Parada 25 - Calle San Jorge:
copyright © 2020 Caribbean Consulting